Subscribe for FREE and recieve updates!!

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

The Golf Course/Hotel Video

Monday, September 29, 2008

Clubfitting?

Hi Stu,

I've heard from my buddies in golf that it's the indian, not the arrow. As a beginner-intermediate golfer, I want to groove my swing more before I invest in clubs. I tried looking at my divots and where I'm hitting it on the club but can't really figure out what to do to my clubs. How important is clubfitting to my game? And, given the number of companies out there with marketing claims, who really makes the most precise clubs in golf?



Thanks, Bubba



Bubba,



Yes, a good swing is key to becoming a better player, however, golf is much different then shooting a bow and arrow. People have different swing paths and swing speeds and at impact are at different positions. See a bow and arrow has little outside factors affecting the arrow. I would say the only factors in shooting an arrow is aim and wind. However, there are a ton of factors that come into play when talking about hitting a great golf shot and being square at impact.

I would most definately take a few lessons froma PGA Golf Pro and also incorporate a clubfitting lesson in with it. Your swing is going to be the same as you start except perfected. However, you won't change your height, which effects the clubfitting process.

Long story short, every single tour player gets fit for clubs and they all have different mixtures. Tiger may be 2 degrees up wheras Gary Player is 2 degrees flat. You can only get your swing so good and then you need to have the right equipment.

As far as brands go, all of the leading makers, titleist/callaway/adams/taylormade and more all are very comparable. I would say pick up some of those clubs and see what looks best to you. I believe that it is more of the shaft that makes you hit straighter more consistent shots and the head of the club just needs to look good to you. Yes, titleist makes more clubs for the better players and callaway is geared more towards higher handicappers. However, they all have clubs for all playing abilities.

I hope this has helped you in some way or form.

Stuart Proctor

No comments: